YoLarates barre classes are offered livestream and in-person at The BOG (Barre Over Garage) in Cheshire, CT.
YoLarates has self-certified with the State of Connecticut on safe re-opening practices.
- Classes must be reserved and paid for (no cash or check accepted) online in advance (30 minutes before class starts)
- Max of 4 students per class
- Students must sign new waiver
- Students must take temperature upon entering building
- Students must sanitize and/or wash hands before class
- Students must leave shoes and other belongings in assigned cubicles in building entranceway
- the bathroom is for emergency use only
- Socks must be worn in the studio
- Students must remain in their assigned and marked areas, staying 6 feet from others at all times
- Masks are required unless the class is not at capacity and we can have 12 feet between each other
- Mats must be brought from home as well as weights and balls as no equipment other than the barres will be provided
- Floors and barres will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every class
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting spray, and disinfecting wipes are provided at the studio
- The door to the building will be locked once class has begun, so please be sure to arrive early
- Please stay home if you are ill; we will do the same
- Zoom classes will continue
Please take a moment to sign this prior to attending class.
If you have not participated in an online barre class, please take a moment to review this tutorial:
Props are not necessary for an at-home barre class, however, if you do not have light (1-3 pound) handweights or a squishy ball, you can use items found in your home.
- full water bottles or soup cans (soup cans can sometimes be too large for small hands)
- empty wine bottles
- yoga block
- throw pillow
- playground ball
YoLarates™ is (more than) TEN YEARS OLD!
And is more than just the first and longest running barre class in Cheshire, CT USA. YoLarates™ is now national AND international as an approved continuing education provider for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) AND the International Ballet Barre Fitness Association (IBBFA) Barre Certification®! Take your barre and fitness education to another level. Click here or email Lara for more information and/or to schedule a workshop at your studio (Lara will travel to accommodate your needs.) ____________________________________________________________
ASFA Press Release
Getting fit doesn't have to hurt!
Let me show you what a safe and
effective (and fun and balanced) health and wellness program can be, whether it's in
the form of my YoLarates™, BarreSlim®, Ballerobica®, PBT, Pilates, yoga, or adult ballet classes, or my holistic plant-based nutrition coaching.
When you take a class with Lara, you will get a safe, effective, high quality, true barre class, backed by:
~ 48 years of classical ballet
~ Training in the Vaganova syllabus of ballet
~ Sports Yoga certificate from NESTA
~ 200-hour yoga teacher training certification from YogaRenew
~ RYT200 Yoga Alliance
~ Practical Pilates from AFAA
~ Pilates Mat Certification from AFPA
~ Group Fitness Certification from AFAA & ACE
~ Personal Training Certification from ACE
~ Aqua Fitness Certification from AEA
~ Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Stretch & Tone Special Populations, Pre/Post-Natal Barre Certifications from IBBFA
~ Master Barre Instructor with IBBFA Barre Certification
~ Barre Guild Academy certified
~ CoreBarreFit certified
~ SCW Aqua Barre certified
~ Barre Intensity certified
~ Over ten years teaching barre- the first barre class in Cheshire!
be fooled by a popular class. You cannot teach a safe, effective, high
quality, true barre class without the proper education. A Pilates or
yoga class with weights, a squishy ball, and a ballet barre don’t count.
Don’t let the YouTube and Instagram “experts” fool you.
Cheshire, CT's first barre class, since 2009. A classic and fun fusion of yoga, Pilates, ballet, and original barre exercises created and taught by Master Barre Instructor, Lara Foldvari
BarreSlim classes are designed to increase the intensity of a
normal Barre class. On average, you will burn about 20% more
calories in a BarreSlim class than in a standard, low-cardio Barre
Cardio (non-impact, low impact, high impact), strength
training/conditioning, and stretching in a class that bridges the world of ballet with the world of fitness
The YoLarates™ schedule:
Monday 5:30 PM: YoLarates™ barre
Tuesday 5:30 PM: YoLarates™ express
Thursday 5:30PM: YoLarates™ barre
Saturday 10:00 AM: Stretch & Tone
Pre-Registered Drop-ins welcome! $15.00/class
(Your first class is $10.00)
The BOG, 1459 Cheshire Street, Cheshire, CT USA
By reservation only
YoLarates™ Mission Statement:
"To provide a fun, balanced, safe & effective barre fitness class that is accessible to men & women of all ages & abilities."
Code of Ethics
- Provide a safe and effective class for all levels of
fitness, age, gender, race, and creed.
- Teach and advise within scope of practice.
- Maintain professional boundaries.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Direct clients to seek medical attention when
- Do not discriminate against clients or colleagues on
- Do not intentionally solicit for other barre
- Treat clients and colleagues with respect, truth,
fairness, and integrity.
- Comply with all applicable business, employment and
intellectual property laws.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct.
- Do not misrepresent skills, training, professional
credentials, identity, or services.
- Continue gaining education to enhance skills and
knowledge, and to provide the highest quality services to clients.
- Maintain current Group Fitness, Barre, and other
international certifications, including, but not limited to those in
fitness and nutrition.
- Maintain appropriate insurance.
- Maintain CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Maintain appropriate teacher-to-student ratios in all
Policy/class etiquette update/reminder:
- Classes start promptly at the times listed- please try to arrive a few minutes early to prepare for class
- Please share the studio space and be aware of the people around you; this includes the instructor (crowding the instructor makes it difficult for others in the class to see)
- The Studio does not have the facilities to have children (and observing adults) at classes; it is a liability, and a distraction to the instructor and other class participants. Please ensure that you have made alternate childcare arrangements
- Please turn phones off or to silent while class is in session
- Talking while class is in session is distracting to the instructor and others in the class who are not part of your conversation.
- Please remember that it is impolite to stare
- The recommended weight for YoLarates, Boomers & Beyond, and exhiLarate is 1-3 pounds per dumbbell; the use of anything heavier than this is at your own risk (and will void any participation waiver) (men may go as heavy as 5-pound weights)(ankle and wrist weights up to 1 pound are allowed for BarreSlim & Ballerobica classes with instructor approval)
- Please follow and wait for the instructor's direction and cues
- Dress comfortably- think yoga wear. Bare feet, ballet slippers, or grippy socks recommended. Dance sneakers recommended if you need more support
- Please do not wear outdoor footwear into the working area of the Studio in an effort to keep the floors clean and safe
- Drop-ins are welcome. $15.00/class or purchase 5-, 10-, or 20-class cards for a discount. Unlimited packages also available
Thank you for helping to make classes enjoyable for everyone!
You can purchase class cards for Lara's classes! Go to the Shop page. If Cheshire schools are canceled or have an early dismissal/no evening activities, classes will be not be held. For summertime, weekends and scheduled school holidays, please check the YoLarates Instagram and Facebook pages. Emails will only be sent if there is a non-weather emergency.
currently not accepting personal training clients.***
Sign up for the YoLarates™ newsletter
(Your information will not be shared.)
YoLarates™, Boomers & Beyond™ Body Camp, and exhiLarate™ Cardio Core are Trademarked classes by Lara
Foldvari. Use of their names for any similar classes not taught by Lara
Foldvari, or a designee of hers, is not permitted.