YoLarates™ is (more than) TEN YEARS OLD!
And is more than just the first and longest running barre class in Cheshire, CT USA. YoLarates™ is now national AND international as an approved continuing education provider for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) AND the International Ballet Barre Fitness Association (IBBFA) Barre Certification®! Take your barre and fitness education to another level. Click here or email Lara for more information and/or to schedule a workshop at your studio (Lara will travel to accommodate your needs.)
Getting fit doesn't have to hurt!
Let me show you what a safe and
effective (and fun and balanced) health and wellness program can be, whether it's in
the form of my YoLarates™, BarreSlim®, Ballerobica®, PBT, Pilates, yoga, or adult ballet classes, or my holistic plant-based nutrition coaching.
When you take a class with Lara, you will get a safe, effective, high quality, true barre class, backed by:
~ 48 years of classical ballet
~ Training in the Vaganova syllabus of ballet
~ Sports Yoga certificate from NESTA
~ 200-hour yoga teacher training certification from YogaRenew
~ Practical Pilates from AFAA
~ Pilates Mat Certification from AFPA
~ Group Fitness Certification from AFAA & ACE
~ Personal Training Certification from ACE
~ Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Stretch & Tone Special Populations, Pre/Post-Natal Barre Certifications from IBBFA
~ Master Barre Instructor with IBBFA Barre Certification
~ Over ten years teaching barre- the first barre class in Cheshire!
be fooled by a popular class. You cannot teach a safe, effective, high
quality, true barre class without the proper education. A Pilates or
yoga class with weights, a squishy ball, and a ballet barre don’t count.
Don’t let the YouTube and Instagram “experts” fool you.
Cheshire, CT's first barre class, since 2009. A classic and fun fusion of yoga, Pilates, and ballet, created and taught by Master Barre Instructor, Lara Foldvari
BarreSlim classes are designed to increase the intensity of a
normal Barre class. On average, you will burn about 20% more
calories in a BarreSlim class than in a standard, low-cardio Barre
Cardio (non-impact, low impact, high impact), strength
training/conditioning, and stretching in a class that bridges the world of ballet with the world of fitness
Progressing Ballet Technique is an innovative
program developed for students to understand the
of training muscle memory in achieving their
personal best in classical ballet.
Each exercise has been developed with care and guidance with a team of physiotherapists.
The YoLarates™ schedule at Annalisa Studio:
Monday 5:30 PM: YoLarates™ barre
Tuesday 5:30 PM: BarreSlim® 45-minute express
Thursday 5:30 PM: YoLarates™ barre
Saturday 10:00 AM: Ballerobica®
Drop-ins welcome! $15.00/class
YoLarates™ Mission Statement:
"To provide a fun, balanced, safe & effective barre fitness class that is accessible to men & women of all ages & abilities."
Code of Ethics
- Provide a safe and effective class for all levels of
fitness, age, gender, race, and creed.
- Teach and advise within scope of practice.
- Maintain professional boundaries.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Direct clients to seek medical attention when
- Do not discriminate against clients or colleagues on
- Do not intentionally solicit for other barre
- Treat clients and colleagues with respect, truth,
fairness, and integrity.
- Comply with all applicable business, employment and
intellectual property laws.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct.
- Do not misrepresent skills, training, professional
credentials, identity, or services.
- Continue gaining education to enhance skills and
knowledge, and to provide the highest quality services to clients.
- Maintain current Group Fitness, Barre, and other
international certifications, including, but not limited to those in
fitness and nutrition.
- Maintain appropriate insurance.
- Maintain CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Maintain appropriate teacher-to-student ratios in all
Policy/class etiquette update/reminder:
- Classes start promptly at the times listed- please try to arrive a few minutes early to prepare for class
- Please share the studio space and be aware of the people around you; this includes the instructor (crowding the instructor makes it difficult for others in the class to see)
- Annalisa Studio does not have the facilities to have children (and observing adults) at classes; it is a liability, and a distraction to the instructor and other class participants. Please ensure that you have made alternate childcare arrangements
- Please turn phones off or to silent while class is in session
- Talking while class is in session is distracting to the instructor and others in the class who are not part of your conversation.
- Please remember that it is impolite to stare
- The recommended weight for YoLarates, Boomers & Beyond, and exhiLarate is 1-3 pounds per dumbbell; the use of anything heavier than this is at your own risk (and will void any participation waiver) (men may go as heavy as 5-pound weights)(ankle and wrist weights up to 1 pound are allowed for BarreSlim & Ballerobica classes with instructor approval)
- Please follow and wait for the instructor's direction and cues
- Dress comfortably- think yoga wear. Bare feet, ballet slippers, or grippy socks recommended. Dance sneakers recommended if you need more support
- Please do not wear outdoor footwear into the working area of the Studio in an effort to keep the floors clean and safe
- Drop-ins are welcome. $15.00/class or purchase 5-, 10-, or 20-class cards for a discount. Unlimited packages also available
Thank you for helping to make classes enjoyable for everyone!
You can purchase class cards for Lara's classes held at Annalisa Studio! Go to the Shop page. Auto-billing is now available for monthly and 3-month unlimited packages! Email Lara for more information! If Cheshire schools are canceled or have an early dismissal/no evening activities, classes at Annalisa Studio will be not be held. For summertime, weekends and scheduled school holidays, please check the YoLarates Instagram and Facebook pages. Emails will only be sent if there is a non-weather emergency.
currently not accepting personal training clients.***
Sign up for the YoLarates™ newsletter
(Your information will not be shared.)
YoLarates™, Boomers & Beyond™ Body Camp, and exhiLarate™ Cardio Core are Trademarked classes by Lara
Foldvari. Use of their names for any similar classes not taught by Lara
Foldvari, or a designee of hers, is not permitted.